You hereby provide your unconditional consent or agreement to Vedanta Limited to collect, store, use, process and transfer any or all of your information in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Policy and as provided under the Information Technology Act, 2000.
Vedanta Limited and its subsidiaries and affiliates and Associate Companies (individually and/ or collectively, “Vedanta Limited”) is/are concerned about the privacy of the data and information of users (whether registered or non-registered) accessing, or purchasing products on Vedanta Limited’s websites, mobile sites or mobile applications (“Website“) on the Website and otherwise doing business with Vedanta Limited. “Associate Companies” here shall have the same meaning as ascribed in Companies Act, 2013.
Collection And Use of Personal Information
- To receive one or more of our publications or newsletters (hereinafter referred to as “product”), you must provide complete information in the appropriate forms, which includes but is not limited to contact information (name, address, telephone number, email address, information regarding transaction on the website, financial information, internet protocol address, any other item of sensitive personal data as defined under the Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Data of Information) Rules, 2011, hereinafter referred to as “Personal Information”) that will make it possible for us to send you the requested documents or contact you in the event it is deemed necessary by us.
- Vedanta Limited will not use your personal information for any purposes other than those described below: –
- to facilitate Your use of the Website or other services of Vedanta Limited entities;
- to respond to Your inquiries or fulfil Your requests for information about the various products offered on the Website;
- to provide You with information about products available on the Website and to send You information, materials, and offers from Vedanta Limited;
- to send You important information regarding the Website, changes in terms and conditions, user agreements, and policies and/or other administrative information;
- to help You address Your problems incurred on the Website including addressing any technical problems;
- if You purchase any product, to complete and fulfil Your purchase, for example, to have Your payments processed, communicate with You regarding Your purchase and provide You with related customer service;
- for proper administering of the Website;
- to conduct internal reviews and data analysis for the Website (e.g., to determine the number of visitors to specific pages within the Website);
- to provide value added services such as Single Sign On. Single Sign On shall mean a session/user authentication process that permits a user to enter his/her name or mobile number or e-mail address or any combination thereof and password in order to access multiple websites and applications;
- to facilitate seamless purchase experience while making a transaction by pre-populating the OTP received through SMS by you;
- to facilitate various programmes and initiatives launched by Vedanta Limited or third party service providers and business associates;
- to analyze how our services are used, to measure the effectiveness of advertisements, to facilitating payments;
- to conducting academic research and surveys;
- to protect the integrity of the Website;
- to respond to legal, judicial, quasi-judicial process and provide information to law enforcement agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law;
- to conduct analytical studies on various aspects including user behaviour, user preferences etc.;
- to permit third parties who may need to contact users who have bought products from the Website to facilitate installation, service and any other product related support;
- to implement information security practices;
- to determine any security breaches, computer contaminant or computer virus;
- to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities and suspected fraud,
- to undertake forensics of the concerned computer resource as a part of investigation or internal audit;
- to trace computer resources or any person who may have contravened, or is suspected of having or being likely to contravene, any provision of law including the Information Technology Act, 2000 that is likely to have an adverse impact on the products provided on any Website or by Vedanta Limited;
- Vedanta Limited may use third-party service provider to serve ads on Vedanta’s behalf across the internet and sometimes on the Website. They may collect non-personal information about your website visits to the Website, your interaction with our product on the Website. Vedanta Limited also reserves the right, however, to disclose information on the users of its site in the following circumstances: to adhere to the provisions of a law or regulation, to ensure its defence in the event of legal action, or to protect its rights or those of site users.
- At present, the Vedanta Limited website does not use any cookies.
- Cookies essentially consist of information on users that servers transmit to browsers when websites are viewed. This information can then be recovered at the time of subsequent visits. The information recorded can include items such as the date and hour a website was viewed, a reply to an online questionnaire, personal information collected by the server, etc. Cookies can in fact be useful, given that they save information concerning your preferences.
- The Vedanta Limited website includes hyperlinks to other websites that are not controlled by Vedanta Limited or its subsidiaries. These links are provided for your convenience, and should not be construed to mean that Vedanta Limited in any way endorses these sites. Vedanta Limited is not responsible for information other than that contained on its own site or those of its subsidiaries, and expressly excludes any liability in relation to the accuracy of this information or the use of your data collected by way of these hyperlinks. This privacy statement does not apply to these other sites. Vedanta Limited recommend that you read the privacy statement of any site where you will be providing personal information, in order to understand how the information collected will be used.
- If you are a website visitor, You hereby unconditionally agree and permit that Vedanta Limited may automatically process information about your computer and internet connection (including your IP address, operating system and browser type), your mobile carrier, device information (including device and application IDs), search terms, cookie information, as well as information about the timing, frequency and pattern of your Website use (“Service Data”). The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely monitoring and improving our Website.
- You hereby unconditionally agree and permit that Vedanta Limited may process information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us (“Correspondence Data”) either by email or through the interactive messaging features of the Website. The Correspondence Data may include the communication content and metadata associated with the communication. The correspondence data may be processed for the purposes of communicating with you and record-keeping.
- You hereby unconditionally agree and permit that Vedanta Limited may process information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our push notifications (“Notification Data”). The Notification Data may be processed for the purposes of sending you the relevant notifications.
Sharing and disclosure of Your Information
You hereby unconditionally agree and permit that Vedanta Limited may transfer, share, disclose or part with all or any of Your Information, within and outside of the Republic of India to various Vedanta Limited entities and to third party service providers / partners / banks and financial institutions for one or more of the Purposes or as may be required by applicable law. In such case we will contractually oblige the receiving parties of the Information to ensure the same level of data protection that is adhered to by Vedanta Limited under applicable law.
Vedanta Limited may also share Personal Information if it believes that the same is necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action with respect to illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of various terms and conditions or our policies.
Vedanta Limited reserve the right to disclose your information when required to do so by law or regulation, or under any legal obligation or order under law or in response to a request from a law enforcement or governmental agency or judicial, quasi-judicial or any other statutory or constitutional authority or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
Security & Retention
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. Vedanta Limited strives to ensure the security of Your Personal Information and to protect Your Personal Information against unauthorized access or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction. For this purpose, Vedanta Limited adopts internal reviews of the data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where Vedanta Limited stores Your Personal Information. Each of the Vedanta Limited entity shall adopt reasonable security practices and procedures as mandated under applicable laws for the protection of Your Information. Provided that Your right to claim damages shall be limited to the right to claim only statutory damages under Information Technology Act, 2000 and You hereby waive and release all Vedanta Limited entities from any claim of damages under contract or under tort.
Vedanta Limited may share your Information with third parties under a confidentiality agreement which inter alia provides that such third parties shall not disclose the Information further unless such disclosure is for the Purpose mentioned under this Policy. However, Vedanta Limited is not responsible for any breach of security or for any actions of any third parties that receive Your Personal Information. Vedanta Limited is not liable for any loss or injury caused to You as a result of You providing Your Personal Information to third party (including any third party websites, even if links to such third party websites are provided on the Website).
While Vedanta Limited will endeavour to take all reasonable and appropriate steps to keep secure any Personal Information which Vedanta Limited hold about You and prevent unauthorized access, You acknowledge that the internet or computer networks are not fully secure and that Vedanta Limited cannot provide any absolute assurance regarding the security of Your Personal Information.
You agree that all Personal Information shall be retained till such time required for the Purpose or required under applicable law, whichever is later. Non-Personal Information will be retained indefinitely.
User discretion and opt out
You agree and acknowledge that You are providing your Information out of your free will. You have an option not to provide or permit Vedanta Limited to collect Your Personal Information or later on withdraw Your consent with respect to such Personal Information so provided herein by sending an email to the grievance officer or such other electronic address of the respective Vedanta Limited entity as many be notified to You. In such case, You should neither visit any Website nor use any services provided by Vedanta Limited entities nor shall contact any of Vedanta Limited entities. Further, Vedanta Limited may, in its sole discretion, not deliver products to You, upon Your order.
You can add or update Your Personal Information on regular basis. Kindly note that Vedanta Limited would retain Your previous Personal Information in its records until such time as mentioned under this Agreement.
You may address any discrepancies and grievances in relation to the processing of the information to the Grievance Officer:
Mr. Jitendra Kumar Patra
Head – IT, Vedanta Limited, Lanjigarh
Business / Assets Sale or Transfers
- is clear and easily accessible and provide statements of Vedanta Limited policies and practices with respective to the Information;
- provides for the various types of personal or sensitive personal data of information to be collected;
- provides for the purposes of collection and usage of the Information;
- provides for disclosure of Information; and
- provides for reasonable security practices and procedures.